The Most Difficult Of All Dinner Guests - And How To Accommodate Them (Via The Kitchn)
5 Meals to Feed Nearly Anyone
• 1 Mushroom Risotto with Caramelized Onions - Vegan, gluten-free, full of flavor.
• 2 Braised Coconut Spinach and Chickpeas with Lemon - A deeply delicious stew, vibrant and colorful
• 3 Soba Noodle Salad with Bok Choy - Make sure to use gluten-free soba noodles in this fresh soba dish.
• 4 Very Simple Dal Palak - Garnish with cilantro and serve with brown rice for a rich, warming meal.
• 5 Curried Coconut Carrot Soup - An amazingly delicious soup, filling from the coconut milk.
Throw together a good green salad and some brown rice as a side dish, and then on to dessert…
5 Desserts Nearly Anyone Can Love
• 1 Vegan/Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Coconut Icing - It’s hard to make baked good that’s both vegan and gluten-free, but this one will please anyone.
• 2 Coconut Tapioca Pudding with Smoked Sesame Seeds - Sweet and creamy pudding.
• 3 Spring Dessert Recipe: Strawberry and Honey Sorbet - Pretty and bright. Also try these sweet wine slushies!
• 4 One-Ingredient Banana Ice Cream - The one and only banana ice cream! Dress it up with some melted chocolate.
• 5 Thai Mango with Coconut Sticky Rice - A delicious sweet dish of creamy coconut rice and sliced mango.
Aha! Now this, THIS is something worth saving or pinning or whatever you do to save important links online.
Slowly, but surely most of my friends are taking on new responsibilities through their diet. Some are transitioning into vegetarian diets to live more sustainable lives and improve their health. Some are transitioning into vegan diets because of their respect for animals and their hope to bring an end to factory farming. Some discovered that being gluten free helps ease their migraines and some are just realizing that they have a food allergy that can’t be ignored anymore. Since I adore potlucks and dinner parties, having this list saved somewhere could be a life saver at some point in the near future. Make a damn mushroom risotto with caramelized onions for your friends with special dietary needs. Show them that you care.